Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

Today.. When I was praying.. Instead of asking for His help.. I found myself just thanking God for all He was doing in my life, in my family and in our church. God is so good. We are so blessed to be His children and to know His love. Do you ever just walk and really look at life? Do you ever stop and thank God for all He has done for you?

I remember a story about a man who visited the doctor for a check up. In a few days he was called.. The Doctor had a serious look on his face. Bob braced himself for the worse. Doctor Colin began to tell him about the test. Then came the chilling words.. "Bob.. it's cancer.. and it's fatal. You have a few months at best."

It was just a few days later that Bob got the call to return to Doctor Colin's office. He found himself at the same desk. The Doctor looked even more worried than before. He looked at Bob and began to speak, "Bob, there has been a terrible mistake. The lab mixed up the tests. You aren't dying. You are in perfect health. I am so sorry about the mistake. I know the pain and heartache we have caused you and your family. You have every cause to be upset and angry."

Bob just sat there for a moment, "Angry?" He replied, "I am not angry. I am blessed. Last week, when I walked out of this office, I looked up and felt the warm sun on my face. I looked at the flowers growing along the walk. I smelled fresh bread coming from the ovens across the street at the bakery. I stopped and realized just how wonderful life could be."

Bob had tears in eyes, "Doc, I went home and held my wife for the first time in a long time. I smelled her hair, I kissed her lips, I told her how much she meant to me. I took time to play with my children. I watched them draw silly little pictures and I realized how precious they were to me. On the job, at the store, in restaurants, every where I went I saw people who blessed my life." Bob looked into the doctor's eyes, "Angry. No way, I am blessed because for the first time, I really appreciate my life."

Today.. Take time to look at life and Thank God for His blessings..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home